Tempa T - Boy Off The Ting

Tempa T's new single is the best song in the grime scene at the moment. It is the second time he has done it this year. I think it is better then Next Hype. The beat is better, the hook is better and if whoever is organising the release of this gets the remixes right (Footsie, Nocturnal & Caspa perhaps?), we are going to be hearing a lot of this track for the rest of the year.

The instrumental 'Dirtbag' produced by Silencer was already a favourite with DJs appearing on a lot of sets over the past 6 months, so all it took was someone to do the business on the track. I think it is important for MC's to vocal beats that are already favourites among DJs and fans, as a lot of classic beats go to waste, and shit production lets down a lot of good MCs mixtapes. P Money has done that with Royal Ts '1UP and Newham Generals with Breakages 'Together'. This is what pirate radio is for, test the beats, the ones that get the big reaction, vocal them! How hard is that?

I had a quick chat with Silencer on how 'Boy Off The Ting' came about.

Did Tempz ask for that beat or did you suggest it to him because it suits his hype style?

He asked me for tunes but Uptown Records gave him a copy of my CD so I told him that tune would suit his style.

When you heard the version what was your first reaction?

He played it to me on the phone I was forever laughing I couldn't stop throughout the phonecall! I was just thinking more clubs are gonna get closed down!

Have you given him other beats for his mixtape 'Dun Know Da Dun Know'?

Regulation
and WW4

Tune of the year for you?

Boy I like a lot of tunes but energy wise I would say Next Hype is the best one but lets hope this one does better.

It's looking good for Tempa T could be a best debut mixtape release since BBK Edition 1.


2 comments:

  1. Tom Lea 28 July 2009 at 16:35

    "I think it is important for MC's to vocal beats that are already favourites among DJs and fans, as a lot of classic beats go to waste"

    definitely, and then you need ice rink style vocal eps to make the next step up - even if they're digital. think how big stageshow got that summer on the strength of its vocals. more of that.

     
  2. Einszwo0 2 August 2009 at 20:58

    im friom germany, dicoverd this blog just this day. Got to look through. What does he mean with BBK 1?