As promised, a present this time courtesy of Grimetapes.com. I asked Slackk to give me some words with this, I was going to do it over the phone, but he is a scouser so I asked for it via email.

"It's an odd one, this. I only started, in truth, after a journalist for a magazine I won't name asked me a few questions regarding the site and the idea of putting together the "biggest clashes/moments" from the site for their own site. After I while I got back to them and they wanted something bigger- "don't you have Wiley Vs Dizzee?"
The ignorance was a lot and after a bit of back and forth, the idea for the article- and the attached "biggest moments" disappeared.

The idea pretty much laid dormant until about three weeks ago when someone brought up the idea of the biggest wheels etc on the site. As much as it was a good idea, I didn't like the concept of focussing on the stuff everybody had already heard. In addition, constant wheels sound odd in the car- I've tried it before. So, instead, here's a load of snippets that kind of flow into one thing. I've tried to stay away from the biggest "moments" and all that because most people have heard them before anyway. As good as, for example, Wiley Vs Doogz is, I don't really think it needs to be here. Maybe on a clashes compilation. The bigger names aren't all here either. There's the odd exception, but I just wanted to make something that wasn't bait and flowed like an album, to an extent.

So, it's not perfect, but it's done and here it is.


Wiley Volume One is next, you can guess what that is already I presume.

Make sure you give feedback for this one because nobody has done anything like this before.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous 23 October 2008 at 08:09

    family, the link is not downloading?!?

     
  2. Anonymous 16 January 2009 at 21:43

    Safe for this, and the Wiley & D Double E ones...great idea.